Husband seeking advice.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, my wife has been diagnosed with an 8cm functional ovarian cyst on left side. We are being told that it's life threatening and only solution is hormone therapy. 

Ive been reading everything and anything I can get my hands on.

But need some advice from other people who have been here or are going through this.  She is crying and I'm trying to be as supportive as possible but need to know what we can do. 

Has anyone tried a herbal approach? They have not said surgery is necessary yet, as hormones can fix it. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Depending on your wifes age and the fact your doctor has not spoken of surgery.

Do you think you could ask if surgery could benefit.Or is Hormone therapy all you have been offered? I had both my ovaries removed no longer of child bearing age, this solved it.  Hope you both can alleviate your worries and talk more with your GP. Best wishes Jackie

• Posted

Hi, thanks for the reply. 

She is 37, we have no children as I am not able to. 

They have only offered HRT and she is worried about the side effects. I dont know what option to proceed, just worried that she goes onto the hormone therapy and later on still needs to go for surgery. Just worried for her and want to be there with the answer's when she ask's.

• Posted

I'm so sorry you both have to go through this. I recently rushed to the hospital because I having painso bad in my right overies, turns out it was cyst.

I completely understand her worry on the side effects, I suffer from extreme anxiety and OCD, which makes it incredbably hard to take meds for the fear of the side effects..

As a sufferer, with also a husband that tried his best to help me through my episodes, the best thing you can do for her is comfort her, and let her know that even though this journy is a bit scary, you are right there by her side. If she starts crying  I find personally that gentle (circular motion) hand rubs on my mid back helps me relax when I'm really worked up. 

Remind her that shes a strong woman, and that she will get through this, and that shes not alone.

I wish I could help out more. I wish her and you both the very best.

• Posted

hello i would get the cyst removed,she be ok it wont hurt as ive had one removed if u read back see my notes,she will be tearful hormones do this us woman,tell her to fight it all will b ok soon ,tc mags smile
  • Posted

Thank you all for your support , they have prescribed Visanne as a treatment. Would surgery still be the way to go ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.