Husbands colonoscopy

Posted , 3 users are following.

my husband has been told to have a colonoscopy due to some occult blood.  I am freaking out.  I hate his gi doc and don't trust him any further than i can throw him.  I was molested as a child and to me it just feels like if he does the C he's being voluntarily molested. Its hard to explain, but i also can't stand the thought of the "doc" invading him.  To me it is just such a filthy, undignifiedand gross procedure. I should say he had one several years ago at the military hospital in San Diego and i didn't think twice. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Can you not have another Dr do the procedure, everyone is allowed a second opinion and also to have another dr.  I think you need to turn around the thoughts into positive ones as to why your husband is having the procedure done, one which ultimately saves people's lives.  The blood can a lot of the time be from piles but obviously the dr wants it checking out.  I had it done last year. It is done in the most dignified manner well was here in uk by mine, with respect and empathy and no bum was on show as people imagine it was totally covered.  I now know I have no cancer, polyps or anything inside which I am thankful for.  My grandma died from colon cancer back when this procedure wasn't available.  The dr doesn't actually see your husbands bits they will be covered, he's maybe really frightened himself.  We women have more intimate things done to us by gps which I feel are humiliating but it's something we do to stay alive. 

• Posted

Sue123,  i totally get what you're saying.  There's nothinng i want more than my husband to be with me for many moreyears, but even with a second opinion which will be hard to get, our local endoscopy clinic doesn't have a lot of regard for the patient or spouse. Once you've seen a certain doctor they tend to send you to the same one.  They all work in clinics so the docs feel like if you slight one  gi doc you are slighting all of them that work in the office andwhat theydo is readfrom the first doc's notes anyway.and we can't afford to go outside our insurance.  As for the well woman exams,i don't do those at all.

• Posted

Sonne, you say you don't trust your husband's GI doc. Does your husband trust him? He's the patient. It's he who has to trust his doc.

You say he's had it before.& you didn't think twice about it.

Trust your husbands instincts. Tell him you're uncomfortable with his doc & ask him to get a second opinion for your sake.

Regards,

Raffie

• Posted

Ppushed and pushed and finally got my husbands doctor to order the cologuard.  Husband did the test and the results came back negative.   I would so love to find that G.I. doc and tell him where to shove his scope.    As far as he was concerned it was another payday for him .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.