HVS 2 and LS

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I am very glad I found this forum. So much helpful information.

I'm 53 and have had ls 21 years. I've had fusing, but all and all over the years I haven't had many bad flare ups. Only used Clob and it took care of the symptoms. Sex was painful, my OB suggested a dilator which has been a huge help. Well in January of this year, my husband gave me the gift of HVS2. When my doctor diagnosed me you could have knocked me over. My intial symptoms were like a bad ls flare up. Was using Clob, which wasn't working, know I know why! Baking soda baths helped alot. Needless to say I am devastated to have HVS2. My outbreak was worse then anything I've ever experienced with ls. Unfortunately some hvs symptoms are the same as ls. This past weekend I started itching and having some burning while peeing. Checked myself, saw no blisters, just some redness and bruisng. So I started using Clob, omg I felt like I was on fire. No relief at all, so I used the baking soda and I do use coconut oil anyway which has helped. I'm waiting for my appointment with my OBgyn.

I was wondering if anyone has HVS2 along with ls and what has worked or not worked for you. Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry that you now have HSV2 to contend with! I have not had any experience with HSV2 (thank god) but did want to express my sorrow to you. I will hope the on/gyn can help you find some relief from the pain you are now experiencing.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your kind message. ??

I also hope the doctor can help me, after managing ls all these years and then to have this happen, I still can't believe it. 😢

• Posted

Hi Mary, I too have not had any experience of HVS2 but wanted to send you my sincere good wishes and say how very sorry I am to hear you have even more to deal with bless you. How about using a barrier ointment for now to keep urine from burning your skin. Nothing with petro chemicals in them like Vasaline mind ? I use Hydromol Ointment myself. I do hope you get some relief soon hun x
    • Posted

Hi Caroline,

Thank you so much for your message. I am determined to do all I can to manage this.

I have been using coconut oil for moisturizing and it does help as a barrier. I will look into the Hydromol Ointment that you use. Thanks so much!!

• Posted

Hi Mary Lou, please don't feel too distraught, I was diagnosed with HSV 2 decades ago, I'm now nearly 58. At first I felt like you, but I've only mostly had mild symptoms ie. One blister even, and have a supply of Acyclovir tablets, which I take as soon as I have that achy feeling, and it's only a mild inconvenience in my life now. I'm in the UK, and when I went to my first Dermatology/Vulval Clinic appointment a few months ago, I was diagnosed with LS, white skin and fusing around perineum/fourchette bridge area, no itching or burning, thank God. I was prescribed Clob, Ovestin cream, Vagifem etc, but also Acyclovir suppression therapy, 400mg x 2 a day, to give the LS a chance to heal without HSV2 flaring up. I now only take a dose if I can feel a tingle/ache. Good luck, hope this information helps x

• Posted

Sorry, forgot to say, Acyclovir is an anti-viral medication, also known as Zovirax. You mentioned that the last time you were burning you saw no blisters, you would definitely have at least one blister if it was HSV, even a tiny one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.