Hydocele surgery in past

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had it done back in 2012 and after taking up bike riding, it appears to have fully returned. Is it worth it to try again? Maybe a different surgeon?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Similar situation with me. My new one is slower filling than the first so I am just going to try draining it and see how long I can get by on that. Wish I had a better alternative. I f you find one, please post it. Good Luck

• Posted

If you had the surgery you would have known it. You would have been put under anathesia in an outpatient procedure, laid up, unable to work, for 2-4 weeks, in some degree of pain, changing dressings etc. Stitches in your balls are not hard to miss. 😃

If it was just a drain you were back to work next day. If it took 7 years to return after just a drain, that is good to hear from my perspective. I will take that over another ineffective surgery and its attendant risk of infections anytime. I suggest reading some of the other postings here & google articles to get educated on the problem and remedies. So far, no one who had a draining but you has indicated how long their draining worked before the problem returned to its previous dimensions. Thanks

• Posted

Surgery it was then, but I feel it returned within 3 years , maybe 4. Not sure if the starting of bicycle riding might have been the cause, but I never could figure out how it came about in the first place.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.