Hydrocele

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don’t even know if this will get answered. But I had hydrocele surgery a few months ago. It came back 2-3 weeks later. It’s extremely big and solid. I’m also in pain in my groin post op but there was no pain pre op. I can feel like a ligament or something stretched out and pulled. I had an ultrasound on my testicals and groin. The testicals came back hydrocele and the groin negative. Why do you think my groin hurts and why did my hydrocele come back so fast?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I don’t know the answer to your question but there seem to be a lot of guys with similar stories. I am about 16 days post op with my left ball about the same size as it was pre-op - the size of a closed fist.  No pain before and no significant discomfort after.  I had no significant post op swelling but after the drain was removed and the hole closed a couple days later, it swelled to its current size. 

Did they install a drain during surgery? It seems a lot of guys report no drain at surgery which I think leads to issues. What does your doctor say?

I don’t see my doctor for another 4 weeks. Hope that the swelling will be subsiding by then.  While I wait, I would love to know what yours thinks is going on in your case.

• Posted

Sorry to hear it came back. I had mine done April 2nd and he took out over a liter of fluid, my hydrocele was from a vasectomy not trauma. I blew up to the size of a basketball about 4 days after and that lasted almost 10 days. It went down to about the size of a softball for about 3 weeks and still zero pain just pressure from all the weight. I have some adema left on the left side where the hydrocele was but I see it dissolving as does my Dr. The adema on the right side has fully dissolved. I'm happy with mine but was very nervous that first 2 weeks. My Dr took the leaking tube, cut a bit off and recouterized it then he looped it into the stitches so it can never leak again. He and I have done the flashlight test and nothing lights up, have you tried that? Maybe ultrasound wrong, crossing fingers? Good luck hope it goes away cause I know if mine ever comes back I'm never going thru that again. It's either drain it every few months or take them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.