Hydrocele after sugury

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had hydrocele surgury 5 days ago very sore pain in the groin and swollen worse today than it has been like a burning sensation not sure if this is normal

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'd say this is pretty normal. My pain didn't start to go until about 7 or 8 days after the op. The swelling a few days later.

Are you applying ice regularly? This is essential for both pain relief and the swelling.

Jock strap and tight trunks also really helpful!

Good Luck!!

• Posted

thanks I have been iceing a lot and and I have been wear jock strap just was not sure if the swollen in the groin was normal been take Morton and tylenol but it's not cutting it more pain today

• Posted

Hello Jason:

My advice is that you take a course of antibiotics (say, 500 mg of Amoxicillin twice daily; one in the morning after break fast and one at night after dinner). Do this for at least 7 days. This will rule out the chance of any infection. Please request surgeon or your family physician to prescribe this or even more effective antibiotics. Please ensure that you support scrotum but keep very soft thick padding so that the scrotum supprot does not hurt. When you sleep, please keep a small wrapped towel to support scrotum. I suggest you take maximum rest and continuous rest. Take nuticious meals and take enough water. You should start feeling better after 2 weeks. It is very tough in the first week, less tough the following week and then when it is gone, it is gone for good and forgotten. Best of luck...

• Posted

I was not sure if it might be Infected or I was supposed to feel this way on mortin800 and tylenol 1000 but these are not helping just thought I ask to see if this is normal

• Posted

Hi Jason:

I strongly suggest you go and show it to an experienced Urologist surgeon. Also insist that he writes / prescribes a course of antibiotics as delay can make infection worst. Morphin and tylenol only reduces pain

• Posted

I had a hydrocele operation done 3weeks ago and my scotum has an hardness around it and also I feel pulling like pain. Also it looks like the same way to me. Another thing when I bathe the scrotum gets very stiff.

Is that part of the recovery process?

Should be worried

• Posted

read reply i just posted on this. meant to reply to your question.

• Posted

hey - this is all normal. its painful so the less you move the better the first two weeks.

the pulling pain you get from standing up (especially in the morning when you wake up): I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. support your sack. At all times. you MUST wear support under ware. I wore those kind that actually let you sintch up you sack with draw strings. But even those wont help when making the transition from laying down all night to getting up. If you get that pulling pain you need to reach down and gently hold up your sack. I actually cut a hole in two pair of my support underware so i did not have to pull them down to pee. I also wore them when taking a showing to keep balls supported. ICE ALL THE TIME. i took 4 advils every 4 hours for i dont know how long. hang in there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.