Hydrocele Experience 2021

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Guys,

Reading threads like these helped me for my hydrocele surgery I thought I would make one and keep it updated. If you have any questions please ask! I am 21 years old and live a fairly active lifestyle so hope to be back to normal in a few weeks.

I had my hydrocele surgery nearly 12 hours ago. I went under using general anesthesia at about 9:15 and was woken at 10:30. I was told surgery finished at 10:00. It was my first ever surgery so I was nervous to go under but all I remember is going to sleep and waking up high. I was chatty when I woke up I think I was pumped full of morphine and felt no pain.

After about half an hour I developed a dull pain and my surgeon told me everything went well. I would say the pain was nothing more than a 3/10. I've been given a jock strap to wear which has been amazing keeps everything nice and secure, I passed urine at around 11:30, I was prescribed co codamol by the doctor and left at 12:00.

I have been unable to see what my ball looks like and have been ordered not to wash it for 2 days however it looks swollen still and the same size as pre op. Pain got worse to about 4/10 at home however taking my medication helps. I'd say i have a permanent ache but its really nothing too bad. Overall everything seems ok so far however I've read pain can be worse second day.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It has been 3 days since the surgery, the pain isnt too bad and ive been easing off pain medication. I'm finding the constipation from the pain medication to be quite bad and worse than the surgery pain.

Its only been 3 days but I can't stand to look at my testicles, they look awful. It is the same size as pre hydrocele but shaped weirdly and the non hydrocele ball seems to hang

lower. The swelling is rock hard and feels very similar to the hydrocele itself making me think it has already refilled. Should the swelling be hard? The incision is itchy and bruised and I'm constantly stressed it's gonna get infected. Having it stuffed in a sweaty jock strap all day cant be good for it. I am in little pain which is good and I can walk around relatively easily. I hope I feel differently in a week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.