Hydrocele home aspiration

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey, I have a hydrocele and I am self draining it, sometimes the syringes doesnt draw any fluid out.

Was wondering if anyone has any experience in draining hydroceles, what gauge needle to use and any tips.

Sometimes fluid comes out and I took 35ml out earlier but after nothing comes out when i pull the syringe up.

Thanks Christan

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I drained my hydro for almost 2 years. always had plenty of fluid come out. I was doing it by myself so I came up with a contraption to make it easier.

if your trying to let the fluid drain out by itself, it may not pull enough or at all to drain. i used a needle and syringe. had it going to a same size rubber see through pipe and then i would suck the pipe that was about 3 ft long to start the suction of the fluid.. ya it sounds crazy, but it would drain very well. that way i could hold my ball and the syringe so the needle wouldn't touch my actual balls, cause that hurts/stings like hell. I did this for quite sometime and one day the hydrocele just randomly stopped filling with fluid. 2 years later, I'm on this forum because it filled up again which is very weird, but im just gonna have surgery now. I dont have my needle that I used, but it has to be a decent size needle hole. not huge or anything, but when I used a small needle, my skin picture would clog the needle and hardly to no fluid would come put, so I went slightly bigger. hope this helps some.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.