hydrocele operation ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can operation with hydrocele be with risks ?. I am soon 70 years old. I have had also prostate operation. Twice. Hydrocele (left) disturb me only when sitting. It is almost as big as bulls have (lol). I am waiting letter from hospital but I can also refuse.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had it done a couple of months ago at nearly 66 years old...i litre removed from right testical ,good as gold now I was a little concerned but it was straight forward operation but I spent 2 nights in hospital with a drain from testical collecting excess blood Sore for 12 days layiing down no pain so take it easy for that time A little loose skin and they told me to wear tight underwear for a period which definately helped keeping everything in shape  I asked about using ice for relief the doctor told me it would be a waste of time Had it for  5 years , waiting time 3 years and the dam thing gradually got bigger over time [ 1 litre equals 1 kilo hard to imagine eh] get it done you will not regret it and comfort will come back in your life
  • Posted

Both my surgeon and the internet indicated the risks involved. There is very low incidence of blood clot, infertility or other complications (like less than 5%.) Just do a google search on hydrocelectomy risks and it's all there.

I am currently in recovery for mine.

• Posted

All went well and I am back home. On enight in hospital.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.