Hydrocele Story

Posted , 1 user is following.

I first noticed that my right testicle was getting bigger than my left one in 2015. This is the first time that i had gone to the hospital, i had it examined and then i was sent for an ultrasound scan. This is where i was told that i had an hydrocele, at the time i didnt have a clue what one of these were. I was told that i could either have surgery or just leave it alone, i decided to leave it alone. Now writing this in 2019 i went to the same hospital because i thought i could feel a lump behind my right testicle (the one with the hydrocele) I was then refered for another ultrasound scan but was told that it was just the thickening of my hydrocele, i told the urologist that i wanted to have surgery so he refered me for this, i didnt have to wait long and yesterday was surgery day. So as i got walked down to theater i met the surgeon and he asked me what is the reason you are wanting the hydrocele repaired. i told him it was more of uncomfartble matter as i am never in pain. He was very nice and talked me through all the risks involved with the operation and the last risk he told me was that after surgery i could be in chronic pain with my testicle for the rest of my life and that i would require tablets everyday. Also if i got this pain they could only fix half of the people that get it. I decided that because the hydrocele doesnt give me pain to not go ahead with the operation. My hydocele is 4cm long and he said it was a moderate one.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.