Hydrocele story for those who go through the same or similar, not alot of people talk about it...

Posted , 5 users are following.

So to start off, in late teens I had a testicular torsion which I did realize I was having until I went to the hospital later in the day, pain in the stomach and groin, waited to long to check out the problem and they had to scrape off some of the testicle or something like that. the urologist you deal with makes a big difference, one saying it was dead another saying it wasn't etc etc... Because of the torsion surgery a hydrocele developed. An I was advised to wait an see what would happen if it would decrease or get bigger plus who wants another surgery down their. Eventually 3 to 4 years later I decided to go see my urologist because I was making constant visits to the hospital for pain in that region an my sack would get big as an orange but i kept getting nothing is wrong. My urologist decided to have me have the surgery and I did it. Was better after a few months after having the hydrocele surgery then I developed a varicocele vein in the groin region so that was the next surgery I had about a year later. O... both surgeries were done through the stomach the hydrocele was done through the belly button and the vein was the side of the stomach. fixed both problems and the pain went away but I still felt like something was wrong, eventually another hydrocele and varicocele vein developed again over the span of two years I went to my urologist not as often because the pain would come back and effect my day to day life, when walking feeling like getting shanked with a needle in the balls randomly and the swelling and heavyness effected my sleeping habits, I though it was actually a hernia because of my back pain but luckly it wasn't. so now, its been 4 to 5 years since my last surgery and i decided, because the pain would be high randomly , even though their are some who do not have pain. I told my urologist I wanted surgery they put me on antibiotics for a week an it did help with the pain a little but it was temporary. so He had me do a mri with and without color contrast to see what was going on and their was, like I wrote, a hydrocele and varicocele the doctor would said i was having spermatocele and hydrocele repaired which is fluid an sperm being drained to an new sack that has formed from my understanding. the hydrocele is fluid that is developed over the testical sack and gets bigger and smaller depending on you and your activities. So the surgery was done in the morning, I was fortunate to be the first one to go at the crack of dawn they did pre testing two days prior. the had me wear a hospital gown and chill in the pre surgery room for about an hour an you make sure your doctors know why your their in case someone put the wrong chart on your bed lol... but seriously, even my doctor made sure i told everyone which side they were working on to make sure i let anyone who came to ask question know. the anesthetist came an asked me general question and then i was taken to the surgery room where i was layed down on a table with moving arms and my legs were strapped and my arms were strapped probably to prevent me from moving during the surgery they put needles for the drugs and h2o in my arms and monitoring things on my chest and side some were still on me when i got home lol. but i was freaking out in my head and while they were giving me oxygen through those mask things i was like this is what you guys are fixing. an moments later i was knocked out and woke up in the recovery room it was about 7-8 aclock i went in the surgery last for about half an hour and i woke up around 9-930 but you can't be discharged unless you urinate. so now it about 12 i get discharged so the whole process was like half a day. I went home and was told i can shower after 24 hours. i did just so waited a little longer and the pain was their but compared to what i normally go though its better and the size is way better than before. it was like a turky egg before now is closer to my right testical which is a little bigger now also for some dame reason. I was having pain in my stomach before and since the past month i havent had that much pain yes, the swelling is still their and it is bulky and kinda heavy but again better than before. where they sowed up is basically healed and the inside parts are still swollen which is to be expected, from my prior experiences, I recall the swelling didnt go down last time till three months. but size wise and pain wise its much better,yes its still swollen and i feel pain. yes im still wearing the support and will still be wearing it for as long as i can because it helps with the healing, the longer the better imma try and push three months, last time i didnt wear the support for as long, it think only a month, but since i have been wearing it an have seen faster recovery an have gained od weight from all the food apprently alot of protien foods help recovery from what im told. O.. they did surgery through the sack of the testical this time around and the sews dissolve over time i see them falling off yes they hurt when they graze against my underwear and the gaze they had in the support. so i use big first aid non stick pads in the support with gazes under neat depending on the support with medical tap to keep the support working proper because after you wash it and take the stuff they gave me off it wasn't proper by its self. I have been doing walking alot after two and a half weeks and light lifting of stuff like milk but not during the first two weeks and yes i was constipated the first day or so and i was worried that i messed up my s**t because of that. I used prune juice an od coffee. but went to the doctor and everything was ok no infection because i used the medication and antibiotic cream they gave me. i been going online to find other peoples situation and their recovery for self of mind some times but don't find as much info except the general information so that is why im writing this. To be honest i think i waited to long to do this surgery and that was the biggest issue. I will write a final note in two months about the recovery if better and results. hope this help someone.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

how old are you i could hardly understand what you are say.

Anyway i am suffering from testicular pain too i had varicocele did the surgery feeling better now it been 6 months but as you mention i have a stabbing feeling "when walking feeling like getting shanked with a needle in the balls " what was the cause of this?

Also, I would recommend that you solve the back pain and an posture problems.

because apparently it could cause chronic testicular pain and leg pain.

• Posted

sorry about the misunderstanding , tried to sum up years of the conditions with out going into full detail. or it could be the seriousness in some of the tenses that i worded. yeah that stabbing feeling went away when i had this previous surgery so far. I was in a hit an run a few years ago so i attribute some of the back pain to that, but im aware about the risk it can cause on my genitals, one problem at a time. but what your describing is exactly what i was talking about with the needle pain. I assume it was the heaviness and tension of the hydrocele but it could be from the varicoele vain their are know to cause pain in men even if others say its less common. I believe more that it is the vein than the hydrocele to be honest an as you have had one already done you have an idea on how it works it gets tense or painfull randomly or out of know where a shot of pain. maybe you should get another check because ive had two varicocele now so having another one is not out of consideration

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.