Hydrocelectomy, 16 days post op

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my hydrocelectomy about 16 days ago. Everything went smooth, typical swelling, had to walk carefully for 7 days or so. But at this point the stitching seems to be gone, and essentially zero pain. My Hydrocele had around 200ml of fluid, and encased the entire testicle.

A few of my concerns:

• The testicle is very hard, but I've been told this can take weeks to months to resolve -- no problem. I can wait.

• But my biggest concern is it almost seems like there's a new hydrocele, but on top of my testicle? It's a fluid ball/bump on top that's a little bit smaller than a ping pong ball. I shined a light on it and it lit up.

Looking at my surgeons notes, it says this from the surgery:

We removed the wings of the hydrocele sac and then oversewed the remaining tunica in an imburcated fashion back against the spermatic cord

Is it possible this remaining tunica is creating a new hydrocele on top of my testicle already? I'm so confused as to how this could happen. Because of fluid, and the hard/slightly swollen testicle beneath, my testicle ends up being the same size as pre-hydrocele surgery.

I did text my surgeon and he said "this is typically edema part of the healing process", which idk, doesn't seem to make sense. It doesn't feel like traditional swelling. It just feels like a squishy fluid sac on top of the testicle.

Is there any chance this will resolve on its own? Or am I going to need surgery again to get this corrected? This whole situation has made me so anxious and depressed and I just simply want a normal scrotum again, or at least close to normal. As of right the left testicle is still 2-3x the size of the right.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I hope you have found answers since your post as it says it has been 4 weeks ago now.

I'd say its a hematoma. I had one after my vasectomy and hydrocelectomy. hard lump, usually around/attached to the testicle it will slowly absorb after a few months.

• Posted

hey, i had my procedure 10 days ago. i have a little soft bump same description as yours. i assume it is edema and swelling which will go away in time as its bruised at moment too.

how are is yours going now?

• Posted

Hi bro, It happened same to me 4 months ago. Doctor said it was edema, but it wasn't. After 2 months testicle was same size as before.

So I had my second surgery 7 days ago... and I'm feeling it's growing again.

It's a s**t I don't understand if they leave a layer that's collecting fluid again and again.

Let me know your new diagnosis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.