Hydrocelectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

good morning, i have had a hyrdocele for about a year, im 68, after ultrasound and canceling surgery i had i done 3 days ago. they gave me a spinal and knocked me out with a shot. i was in surgery about 90 minutes, my urologist removed 24 ounces of fluid and the sack it was in then cauterized the fluid origin. i felt no pain in recovery rm. After i got home i started pain meds percocet 5-325 every 4 hours. pain started at 8pm, 11 hours after surgery, pain subsided by the next morning, soon after i took pill #6 i felt nausea. dizzy, shallow breathing horrible, i stopped taking the drugs immediately. i did put ice pack on for the whole time and have one on now. I threw away all the pain pills drank tons of water, and felt like myself @12 hours after stopping pain meds. today, i feel great, not taking any meds, showered still wearing jock and clean pads which still have a little bloody spots. I waited almost a year with coconut sized testicle sack, now only 3 days later its done, i have no pain, and just feel a little pulling on stiches sitting or standing up for a minute or 2.. so, if your afraid like i was petrified, don't be, its well worth it! back to my doc in 6 weeks. i think ice bags are the answer! not pain drugs..good luck men.;) i have pictures but didn't post any on here.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

nice to hear. best decision I ever made too. wasn't as big as yours but glad its gone.

• Posted

today is day 5, showering every morning, changing pads, still wearing jock strap and using ice. rode to Walmart.... yesterday , walked thru the store to buy more sterile pads and a tube of triple antibiotic ointment. i was pooped from slow walking. today my balls feel bigger and more tender like a dull ache. incision old pads almost clear small a trace of 24 hour blood.looks like surgeon applied liquid bandaid over scar which is just kinda hanging on yet. i been sleeping good upstairs, still taking nothing for pain. some black and blue in scrotal area. normal body temp, so. i guess being day 5 after surgery i should expect there to be a few aches and pains. but, hate wearing a tight jock.. for how long?? have rebock boxers with 9% spandex wonder if anyone else wears jocks or underwear and when to switch. thank you John in Wisconsin

• Posted

So, Rocky, you are having a second procedure? Is that because the first surgery did not work and it had to be repeated? That has happened with me and, unlike John, my post op was miserable and included a terrible flu that I probably contracted AT the clinic and which I certainly contracted BECAUSE of the shock to my system from the surgery. Not a good experience in any way shape

or form. Glad yours seemed to have been better.

• Posted

I had no issues with the procedure but it just grew back. I wanted to blame it on taking up bicycle riding but the urologist stated although it is rare, it can reappear.

• Posted

yes, they warned me about that as well. im so sorry yiu have to go thru that again, mine never hurt but, everyone stared at my crotch every place we went. if only my penis could have an oversize problem instead of my testicles. i used to bicycle alot 100 mile tours on weekends 30 miles every week day. never bothered me. then all of sudden they blew up about a year ago. good luck with your surgery!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.