Hydrocelectomy- Balls aren’t even healthy anymore

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had a hydrocelctomy surgery done about 4 years ago, first off i was absolutely lead in the wrong direction by my doctors. so i had hydroceles for a long time and they didnt ever bother me, i got them when i was a teenager and i got the surgery done when i was about 22 and i am now 25. The urologist never told me how invasive the surgery was. My balls have never been anywhere near the same as they used to, my balls are badly shaped now, they dont fit together between my legs, my scrotum doesnt work well at all, i can barely sleep because my balls dont stay in place and they feel like a mess, im just looking for people who have had similar negative experiences with this. its very hard to deal with now.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hey Dan

I had my hydroceletomy 9 years ago when i was 16 now 25. I have definitely had some comfortability issues as well throughout the years and my left testicle has never been the same. I may be used to it now but it doesnt really bother me anymore. From my surgery and how the sealed up the wound and whatever else they do after fixing it, Ive had more of a prominent epididymis which my urologist said is normal from the surgery which will in fact make your testicle look and feel weird. I was a bit relieved when I found this out because at the time I thought it could be worse. Mine wasnt as big as some people's ive read about so it might not have effected me as much not knowing how large yours was. I hope you have found comfort and have dealt with it a little better. It can definitely be challenging.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.