Hydrocelectomy Complications

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just had the surgery done 12 days ago and am having nothing but problems. I've had increased swelling, about the size a little smaller than the original hydrocele. The Dr has aspirated this twice already, but the fluid keeps coming back. The Dr is 95% sure the hydrocele did not return, he says it's my body's flamatory response. Should I be concerned about this complication. It kind of seems as if the surgery did not work for me.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think you should listen to your doc. And be patience. It's not like you will be fine in one or two weeks. We are all different. Some get well in few weeks som in few months. In my case I gave it one year time to be sure. Things need to get used to new position and the changes made to your testicle. There is a risk of flamatory response hydrocelectomy but I'm pressty sure you will get fine. Keep in tuch with your doc.

• Posted

Hi Ben, seems to ring a bell this. I had mine aspirated and within three weeks it was as big as when it started, had it done again and the same thging happened. I went for the operation and the surgeon told me that there is a 3% chance of it returning. The operation went well but within 3 weeks it had blown up again to the size of a large orange. I went for another ultrasound and it was confirmed that it was full of water. as soon as the surgeon had the results I had a meeting with him and said I have I done anything wrong, not lifted or strained and kept off of work for 2 weeks. He said no, you have not, it is your metabolism not clearing the water and he would operate again to remove the hydrocel. Again all went well but 3 weeks later I was back to the surgeon with the same thing. Another operation and it seemed to be ok6 weeks later it swelled up again and I phoned the surgeons secretary  who made an appointment to see me. Well aboiut three days later it started to go down but remains the size of an egg and is hard. I had another ultrasound and the radioligist just said there is no water in there. I thought this would now be a matter of time before all went back to normal. Got a letter from the surgeon last Thursday making me an appointment to go and see him . One thing both him and the consultant said all the was through the process is that in the end it will get sorted. Hope this does not depress you but I have faith in him and am trearting mine like one of the awkward ones. Wish you all the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.