Hydrocelectomy done, 07/29/19 top of left testicle still swelling!01/02/21

Posted , 3 users are following.

had 2 beer cans of fluid removed from my lower left testicle, recovered, as per urologist, had follow ups last one January 2020 ultrasounds, said complication of surgery, haemetacele, might never go away, well. it's growing, now looks like i have 3 balls, newest one attached to top of left testicle round as a ball size of lemon.. just started to bother me dull ache... they told me last January a year ago, heat pads help dissolve blood lots, so I bought a $12,000 us hot tub to soak in.. seems its now bigger, made app with New urologist surgeon for second opinion..February 3, 2021. anyone else have anything similar? thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

how are you sir. had surgery jan 13 still swelling

• Posted

hi Steve, im ok, I just seen another urologist a few days ago, I have a large hematoma and cysts ontop of my left testicle, I have a choice, since it's almost 1.5 year's since my hydrocelectomy in2019, I can have surgery again to remove hematoma, but.... results could be more bleeding and recurrence and once he opens me up, he may have to completely remove my left testicle during surgery.. its my choice, but, it did stop growing for the past year and seldom have any dull pain. so, I think, I may Not have anymore surgery. I kinda like my testicle. I don't want to just have one, then develop another hematona or haemetacele and do it a 3rd time. ugg... unless it hurts bad, I'm going to keep my sack with 3 bulges in it. hope your doing better than I did. John

• Posted

yes it is hard to believe. I had two hydroceletemys within 3 months. The hydrocele was not big to begin with. First one i had, the hydrocele came back right away. like almost right when i went home. what a waiste of money. 7 weeks later we had the second operation and he prettty mcuh compeltley removed the tunica Vag (anatomy term for part that holds fluid). We left the drain in a week this time and right when i went to have it removed, the next couple days it started filling up and it looked like i had a large orange as a testicle. It got huge! i knew though that it was fluid not swelling of the skin. well it got big and exploded 3 weeks post op and drained about a water bottle full of fluid. i just stood there and squeezed it and drained every last drop. only problem is 3.5 weeks out im still producing fluid and i keep draining it. Im on antibiotics for the hole that its coming out of and motrin 800mg 3x a day but if the hole closes i worry it will just build right back up with fluid. the fluid does not smell bad so i dont think infection and i feel good. its like a clear reddish fluid.

• Posted

im thinking to just let it heal up and close then if the fluid builds up f**k it. Hopefully over time it was be absorbed into the skin. I heard this fluid is absorable it just might take time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.