Hydrocelectomy post op

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I'm 4 days post op, I had over a liter of fluid taken out of left hydrocele. I had a drain put in which got removed yesterday. Swelling is very large and very hard to walk. I was told could take up to 2-3 months to fully go down as such mine was one of the biggest he's seen. I have no pain just a lot of pressure and I think the antibiotics made me constipated. My scrotum is the size of 1 and a half cantaloupes, but the hydrocele was very big too. I'm taking 2 weeks off from work as I drive a dump truck and not bouncing it, I've been trying to walk which seems to help a little. I ice it down a few times a day, starting to get a little purple and the doc said some days I'll wish I never had it done but he was very happy with the surgery, just curious how you guys have made out. I'm knew to this as this is my first surgery, any input is greatly appreciated

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, I'm now also 4 days post-op. Could you provide an update on how you're doing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.