Hydrocelectomy. Post-surgery saggy skin and fold

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I'm almost one year post hydrocelectomy surgery. My hydrocele wasn't too big, the main reason I decided to have surgery was aesthetics and the fact that I could feel my testicle bump into my partner during sex.

I had the hydrocele for around 1 year and a half before I had the surgery. I had a small hematoma after surgery which is gone now.

I wanted to ask anyone who has had this surgery or any professional if they know whether the saggy skin that can be seen in these pictures will go away. I'm concerned about the skin below the testicle and the fold in the middle caused by saggy extra skin at the place where the incision was (there is no visible scar when stretching the skin).

This is the appereance it has had for the past 6-7 months with no visible improvement.

If the skin will shrink, how long will this take? If it won't, can it be fixed by plastic surgery or is this advised against?

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Here are the pictures I reference in my post.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.