Hydrocelectomy today

Posted , 3 users are following.

I will have my hydrocele surgery in about two hours. I'm just about to have 3 paracetamols as prescibed before the surgery. I will try to post more updates tomorrow. 

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So how are you both feeling after a week ?
    • Posted

=11.0ptIt's now 7 days post-surgery. I actually feel quite fine. Less uncomfort when sitting in the chair. It seems like the uncomfort is mostly concentrated around the incision area. When touching the incision area gently it’s like: 4.. (0 = no pain, 10 = max pain ). Walking works fine. I mean I can sit in a chair for longer periods now without much uncomfort. I had like sick leave for 7 days. I have an agreement with my employer to give it a go tomorrow. I take shower almost as usual...taking still care not to splash directly on to the incision area. I pat the incision area very gently with a soft towel.  I will update you again on the progress when driving 8 days post-surgery.
  • Posted

How are you feeling now?

I've got my operation booked for June 16th at 12 o'clock, cannot have it before then because I'm not allowed to fly and i"ve booked a trip to Poland

Hope they don't charge me excess baggage for this bloody thing between my legs

• Posted

Hi. I'm actually feeling quite fine. Some tiny uncomfort...but it's like 2  on scale: 0-10. Somtimes I'm at 0. Working is fine. Driving for like 10 hours with some breaks. I'm almost 14 days post surgery. They've told me no lifting for like 14 days post surgery. I'm glad to hear you are booked for the surgery. Those first days, like the first week post surgery felt best just relaxing. I would need at least 8 days post surgery if I had to travel. Standing position felt nice. Maybe a suspensory trap for scrotal/testicle support will help you as well.
  • Posted

Nice to hear that your doing ok  and back at work.

hope its nice weather outside when i have mine done and will hopefully get some sunshine to heal the incision a bit quicker

• Posted

How are you feeling after 3 weeks ?

Any complications and what's it like driving for long hours ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.