Hydrocile

Posted , 5 users are following.

My testicles is swell after hydrocile surgery ,it was 2 week late

What I do please some one tell me please?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My father had this procedure done in December 2017.  It was horrific from day 1 - after we'd been told this is a 'routine surgery' and NO cause for concerns when his scrotum swelled up to the size of a LARGE softball - and would not subside.  The drain tube was removed 4 days post-op - however the swelling got worse and worse and worse.  Long story short - my father was back and forth for the next 4 weeks - the doctor RE-inserted the drain tube - still to no avail on the swelling.  Then hard lumps started forming and his penis began swelling as well.  Went back to dr and dr did emergency surgery the following day (1/3/18).  My father had to have his right testicle REMOVED, and has about a 4 inch incision across his scrotum closed with staples.  Also, they did about a 5 inch incision at his belt/belly line and that is also closed with staples.  He is in the hospital on mega strong antibiotics and is in miserable pain and on morphine.  This is so wrong.  I am thinking heavily about a lawsuit.  This has just been such a complete disaster and I feel so sorry for him.  (He is 70 years old ..) .... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.