Hydrocolectomy recovery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I? recently had a hydrocolectomy done 9 days ago, I? have still been having pain, swelling has gone down a decent amount but the pain is about the same as the first week was, is this normal?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Bill,

Pain is normal. It will subside with each passing day. I’ve is your best friend. Keep those babies chilled. Really helps in your recovery . I had my surgery last July. No problems a year later

• Posted

The stitches cause some discomfort for about 4 weeks. You should be wearing “scrotal support”. The best I found was a jock strap. Underwear no matter how snug just did not keep them where the needed to be. Keep those puppies up and stables; you don’t want them swinging to and fro at this point.  I was about 2 days post op and stopped taking pain meds.  Keeping them cool for the first few days and keeping them night and right worked for me. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.