Hydrodilation Injection

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have had frozen since October 2017, had treatments, still in pain 24/7. going for hydrodilation injection. Can anyone tell me does it HURT.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi  The Hydrodilation injection is uncomfortable but does not hurt - I had one in January and it took about 15 minutes including the doctor setting up so really quick and the pain subsided after a few days and the improvement in movement started about 10 days later.  Depending on how severe your shoulder has frozen the movement is gradual and even now I cannot get my arm above my shoulder but my consultant has told me this will take some time and could be another few months and sometimes you only get 90% back.  I am now waiting for another injection in my other shoulder as as soon as i started to get improvement in my left FS the right one has started to freeze so he is going to do the injection before this freezes completely.  Hope it goes well and at least you will be able to sleep once the pain decreases.
    • Posted

Thanks, Sue, read lots of horror stories, having this done 20th April. Have not had a full nights sleep since October. My clothes hang askew as shoulders, not in line.

Hope your shoulder continues to improve, and your right shoulder will feel some relief from the injection.

• Posted

it was mildly uncomfortable, but not worse than the pain of FS. You are frozen for it but can still feel pressure when they fill the joint.  For me it hurt down my arm. It hurt MORE the next day, and then by the 3rd day, was already better than pre-procedure.  I'm an now 100% pain free and about 80% mobility 1 month later.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.