hydrogen breath test anyone?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone had this done? I'm just wondering if it's liable to upset my tummy as it's a 30 mile trip home for me from the hospital I'm to attend! Need to be prepared!! The barium I had recently went thro me within 2 hrs so it was lucky I live a stones throw from that particular hospital! Any advice appreciated thanks x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jo yes I also had it done only a few months ago they tryed to tell me to go to another hospital for my treatment and I said no because I was like you I spent all the day before all that night and the next day the diarrhoea was like explosive diarrhoea so the told me I could go to the hospital

that was just 5 min from my home tell the hospital that your worded about it cos of the way you were as they can take you in the night before you treatment hope that helps good luck and I hope you have some really good tablets for the cramps xx

• Posted

Hi Jo sorry I thought you were going in for a colonoscopy I don't know how a breath test has to do with crohns as I never heard of getting a breath test for crohn the breath test your going for I

don't think you need to get a berium I think you have to blow into

a balloon then you got to drink a small amount of lactose sucrose then they take other great samples over about every 15 min

they can keep doing this about 5 times so I don't think you need a berium but I could be wrong phone the hospital as they put

your mind at rest good luck let me know how you get on xx

• Posted

Sorry. Unfortunately I don't know anything about Crohn's disease. I have OFG and it's not the symptoms, treatments nor experience to share with you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.