Hydronephrosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have got 2 RIRS done in last 5 months and the first one led to a stricture in upper ureter and hence alongside second RIRS, doctor performed a balloon Dilatation but it seems that the stricture has come again after a month.

My DTPA scan says prolonged drainage from the left kidney but it's non obstructive. As per USG scan, there is 8 mm hydronephrosis in the left kidney which was 7mm last month when the DTPA was done...my doctor is asking me to wait for another month to repeat the DTPA and a pyeloplasty needs to be done afterwards if the swelling further increases or the DTPA rates decreases.

What should I do?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Ashish, we are not Doctor’s here so unable to give a professional opinion.  However, if you feel reassured by those treating you thus far then you should take their advice - they are the experts - but if you are not confident then, if it were me, I would seek a second opinion.  Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.