Hydrostatic distension - hydrodilation?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Has anyone tried hydrostatic distention? Simon Moyes at Wellington hospital in London has indicated this procedure provides excellent results. Two 15 min treatments two weeks apart. Google Simon Moyes Frozen shoulder for links. Very interested if anyone has undergone this type of procedure and what the results have been.

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone / Maggie 

I went to initial appt at king George's hospital NHS care U.K. Centre and saw a orthopaedics shoulder consultant who said you have a frozen shoulder my the nonobility of my arm. However initially had an X-ray which didn't show anything then an ultra scan I believe it was the mobility assessment there which the doc said I had frozen shoulder. How'd we I fell over on my arm prior to the frozen shoulder about a couple of days after.  The consultant offered me a MUA I'm allergic to prednisalone so he wouldn't give me a steroid injection. He said he does not hydrolisation . Injavr yet to let the consultant know I don't want this procedure MUA done as I reckon I will be in more pain than at present and it can't get much worse since 2nd November when I fell on my shoulder. All my neck hurts like impingement as well. I've had a mri on neck and back but not on my arm. I've since been back to gp to demand an MRI on my arm. But still I. Pain at tresent and do t know what to do !!!!! Can you help? 

• Posted

All I can say Loraine if I was in your situation I would find a hospital near you that does the procedure and ask there orthopaedic dept what you need to do to get referred . 

Someone has to refer you so they can see your scans and diagnosis before they give you the distension procedure . 

I really hope this helps Lorraine , there is no need for you to be going through all of this 

Good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.