hydrotherapy

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all. I have managed to get on with a course of hydro therapy through age UK. Just info for others really it's worth a try. I couldn't make my 1st session last week as I have been so worn out. I can't take anything for my pain, due to side effects, and only take zapain for bad migraines. But I'm considering trying amitriptyline again although last time it made me feel drunk and ga e me headache the following morning. But just can't cope like this anymore. Iv started councilling also with a view to starting cbt. gentle hugs to all xxxx

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

It's a shame. I find the aches and pains of fibromyalgia and this Costo condition tough on your mood too. I feel down cause I'm sore then eat when I'm down can't win. Tried cocodamol for pain relief was taking that for a few years and withdrawal symptoms when I decided to stop was awful. Other medications like Amitryptline made me so relaxed but possibly a bit spaced x
  • Posted

Hi Nicola

I have wondered about hydro therapy, but I'm not sure if getting wet will make my aches worse. I would be interested to hear how you get on

Hope it goes well for you

• Posted

Ive just been on their website but cant seem to find it rolleyes. I have a hydrotherapy pool next to my house seemingly its very hard to get into but id love to try it. Being in a pool alone is nice because i feel light and free
  • Posted

Keep on with Amitryptline just at night, it's a bit of a seditive so it works two ways. Like all medicines take the smallest dose that works. I also take Pregbalin day and night and Tramadol at night, both are neurological pain relief and as far as I'm concerned the cause of most of my pain with FM is neorological damage so why use anything like codiene.

I also do about 15 minutes of stretching exercise in the morning, as well, especially

around the neck and shoulders muscles, bit of a bind at first, but if it gets results its well worth it.

I've had FM for about 15 years after I lost part of my colon in a botched operation. Did not learn untile a few months ago the the operation remove my bile duct, and that has been trace as a possible cause of it all. Although unless your doctor at least believes in FM they will not believe in that. If the pain id imaginary how can it have a cause?

Stay smiling.

houses

• Posted

Well Done to you Nicola......

Take one day and moment at a time.  wink xx

• Posted

I know what you mean about the amitriptyline but if I don't take it before I go to bed I am in agony all night.i have now been diagnosed with arthritis as well and I'm wondering how I'm going to cope with the pain.would just love a pain free day xx
  • Posted

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments. I will let you know how I get on. We are all suffering in the same ways and some in different ways I'm still at the biggin in of a very long journey and just managing to keep my head above water. I'm praying I get some sleep tonight. After looking in the mirror today I barely recognise myself. And I am NOT willing to let this illness fade ME away xx gentle hugs xx
    • Posted

Great attitude to take Nicola.

All the best.....have a great day wink xx

• Posted

Hi Nicola

I have had hydrotherapy alot of times and it worked for me as the water is nice and warm.

• Posted

Well done you nicola...there is nothing comparable to

hydrotherapy, the be efits are amazie en if you can only sit/standin the pool and let the water move around you..its still good for

you it increases circulation, way to go, be blessed nicola have a lovely day..😅

• Posted

Being newly diagnosed I was reading a lot into hydrotherapy and heard the waiting list is very long. I'm in Belfast n it's between 6 months to a year. My dearest mummy n daddy got me a hottub for my birthday in July. IT IS AMAZING !! I'd highly recommend it and doctor was very pleased to hear about it. It wasn't the dear ether. I got a lay z spa Miami for £360. It really helps with the pain. I love it after a hard working week or supper sore day.
    • Posted

Highly recommend it too..you dont have to be on any waiting list to gently move about in a indoor pool..i do it at the local resort...its just amazing..even if you cant move about physio's will tell you its really good for you anyway..it helps with circulation, just having the water lap against your body..be blessed😚

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.