Hydrotherapy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone tried hydroptherapy physiotherapy in water as a means of helping with a chronically stiff back

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Many years ago I had hydrotherapy prior to a hip operation which I found really beneficial. More recently my physio has advised me to find a warm pool and walk up and down to help with chronic back pain. I think most physios would recommend hydrotherapy as it's non weight-bearing so gentle on those painful joints and backs. Let us know how you get on.

• Posted

I found it helped me a lot but that was about 15 years ago. The local hydrotherapy pool at the hospital closed when the hospital did, (Government cuts)! I found I was much less stiff in the joints if I could attend on at least a weekly basis. Less than that and I started to seize up again. It is much better than just physio without warm water as we are weightless in the pool. I was very tired after a session but better after resting at home the rest of the day. Much looser then until the next session, so you do need to keep it up on a regular basis for arthritis. Best wishes, 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.