Hyper-sensitive nerves in knee after infection

Posted , 2 users are following.

Recently contracted an infection in my knee which took two weeks of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories to sort out. Swelling and infection appears to have now gone but unable to kneel on the joint without searing pain in the joint.

Awaiting the results of imagery and blood work to rule anything like that out however my GP has said he treated something similar previously where the nerve endings in the joint became hyper-sensitive after the infection and only calmed down over time.

I have read of the same symptoms following knee surgery but has anyone heard the same after treating an infection (no invasive procedure to the knee at all)?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi meridian1 . I've had numerous operations on my right knee, and now suffer horrendous hyper- sensitivity

radiating from my knee to just below my shin. I have not been able to kneel on my knee since. Any slight knock too that area gives me severe pain and brings me to tears. Hope you get some relief and answers to why you are suffering. 😪

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.