Hyperactive Thyroid

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've been diagnosed with an overactive thyroid. I was told I have cthree options, radioactive pill, surgery, or medication. I'm trying to decide which way to go. Thanks!

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am reading each and every one of your posts! I appreciate your time to offer me feedback! It's important for me to read as much as possible. From everything I've researched, I'm convinced that the reason I am hyperactive now is because of medication I was prescribed for an underactive thyroid in 2014, escalated by wrong dosage. My endocrynologist that I'm now seeing said I should never been out on medication because my thyroid was normal. Hard lesson learned. Always do your homework. Nevertheless, I felt fine then, and I feel fine now, which makes me hesitant to go through ANY of the procedures to fix my hpyeractive thyroid and risk having the side effects that each of them could bring on. I no longer want to go the RAI route because I do now realize the importance of keeping my thyroid. Thank you for that! But I am so skeptical of the medication still! I'm sure if I were experiencing at least some of the symptoms I've read about that are typical from having an hyperactive thyroid, I'd feel differently. For now, I'm thinking the best approach would be for me to take some of the supplements Ive read about. Going a more natural route seems worth trying at least for a few months and seeing if I have any positive results. Your feedback on recommended supplements that I can look into would be appreciated. Also your book recommendations on the subject would be appreciated! Thanks ladies!

• Posted

My hyperthyroid condition is not from Graves Disease.  It was most likely caused from being overmedicated on Nature Thyroid and taking Iodine Supplements. I know I need to do something for my hyperthyroid but am extremely anxious about what to do.  Has anyone on here tried acupunture?
    • Posted

Hi mousetrap ... i missed your last two posts ... sometimes it's better to start a brand new post than going back to your old one to write Another one ........ if you know what I mean ...

I hope you are okay ..

if you would like to know about supplementing for HYPER or Graves .. just ask ...

Keep well Luvvie

Mx🌹

• Posted

Hi, Just want to say about the help and advice you receive from people on the forum who are or have gone through what the rest of us are currently experiencing.  Linda has been especially brilliant in offering me advice on how to get better of hyperthyroidism.  Most of these supplements we require are confusing as we have never needed them before but there has always been someone with friendly advice to help.  We have all come to this forum to get more information and learn about other avenues of help that may be open to us.  I am extremely grateful to the information I have received and thank everyone for their input and suggestions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.