hyperbaric chamber and Oxygen Toxicity

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I have am using for some time the mild hyperbaric chamber and now I run into an article talking about the Oxygen toxicity, its an old article from 1984.

http://www.biochemj.org/content/ppbiochemj/219/1/1.full.pdf

I know thousands of people are taking this treatment every day without a problem and also on myself I see great improvements but does anyone know why this article is or is not true?

Thanks,

Yossi

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Why are you on hyperbaric oxygen therapy?
    • Posted

Hi Ben,

I am using the chamber for general mental improvment but since then have noticed other things like faster sport recovery, kidney pains disappeard, better reflexes and ADHD improvement.

since we have the chamber all of the family are using it and very one is seeing improvements in different areas.

• Posted

1.3 atm with an oxygen conservator to 90% Oxygen with a mask.
    • Posted

Its a good thing then that my body reacts to the chamber and not to your doubt :-)

But my question was, what effect if any has the free radicals created by Oxygen levels of above 21%?

• Posted

It will have minor effects on free radical generation.

I'm more worried about what the increased pressure will be doing to your lungs.

• Posted

Hi Ben,

I breath the Oxygen trough a mask when I am in the chamber and the chamber is pressurized to 1.3 Atm so when I am in there it feel's no different then being outside.

I don't believe there is any damage from that since its like scuba diving at 3 meter deep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.