Hyperhidrosis

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I am looking for tips on things people have tried that work.

I have suffered with hyperhidrosis since my teens, it started with sweaty armpits but now it affects my whole body.

In general it is manageable but when I exercise the sweat pours off me all over my body, usually drawing horrified looks from anybody nearby.

I have tried things like Driclor and herbal remedies like sage with little effect, more recently my gp agreed to let me try pro-banthine but he was not happy in doing so, I haven't found this overly effective so far.

Hopefully somebody on here has found something that genuinely works ??

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

HI

I have the " curse " of Hyperhydrosis too. As far as the armpits are concerned have you tried TRIPLE DRY?...I have been using this for a week now and it has reduced my armpit sweating by about 90%...! I didn`t like the scented roll on type so I use the unfragranced one. Apparently its best to apply it at night and maybe top it up in the morning. As far as the rest of your body is concerned I saw a dermatologist in the UK and he said there was a drug on prescription called PRO-BANTHINE which is very effective against excessive sweating but I havn`t tried it yet...regards

• Posted

Hi Dimmy,

Years ago in my teens I tried Dri-clor which was great for armpit sweating as that was the only area affected then.

These days I have learned to manage most of the time but I am a keen runner and this is where I'm having issues, what would cause most people to need to wipe their brow makes me look like somebody has poured a bucket of water over me.

I have pro-banthine tablets but they don't seem to do anything but give really bad dry mouth.

Was really just hoping somebody would have found something that works effectively as the doctors don't want to know here!

• Posted

Sorry to hear that...I assume you have seen a dermatologist?....when you say "here" ..what country are you in? With me I also suffer from eczema and dermatitis so when I sweat its like someone pouring salt water on my skin and really irritates it...

• Posted

I'm in the UK, I haven't been to a dermatologist but I will ask for a referral from the GP.

I always seem to hit the brick wall of "some people sweat more than others" and that's as far as I get.

Sorry to hear about how yours affects your eczema It sounds really painful!

• Posted

Hi...my theory is that where as I have very sensitive skin that is prone to eczema and dermatitis....I think the temperature receptors in my skin are out of synch go in to overdrive for no good reason. That's why I think I sweat buckets. Even losing 4 stone from 15 stone to 11 stone hasn`t made any difference. When I watch morning tv and the gmtv or bbc presenters say during a heatwave "its a lovely day enjoy" I want to smash the tv in!!!!. NOT everyone likes the hot weather..i detest it!. Its ok if you are by the sea with a vest and shorts on but when your in a 3rd floor flat in this weather its hell. My flat is weird ..its the hottest place ive ever lived...its 30c in here now...I`ll have to resort to an ac unit I think!!!!

• Posted

I am so sorry for you. I can relate to your problem totally and completely. I was also diagnosed with hyperhidrosis a month ago. I have being having pretty the same problem, but in my case, it started with sweaty face and drenching armpits, when I teach at school that involves slight bending and standing here and there.

That is when I realized something could be wrong with my sweating as my colleagues don’t sweat like I do. Before, I used to think it is normal, as we teachers move around a lot. Until a friend told me that my sweating was abnormal. Worst of all, in my case, my face could not stop dripping sweat and kids were becoming amused. Even after I washed my face severally, I still sweat a lot.

I know how you feel, coz this problem has broken me so much, with everyone telling me to get treated. I have tried various soaps, including, Miracle II soap by Tedco ,that I acquired from

It works fine with my skin.

On my armpits, I wear Purax underarm sweat pads whenever it is hot and when I go out for hiking, check it here  They got great reviews of other sweating products too.

I am yet to try out herbal remedies tho.

My doc only told me to manage my sweating by wearing light clothes.

Hope you will be fine. sad

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Hi,

That sounds stressful, they say stress and anxiety is a massive factor with hyperhidrosis and class rooms can get pretty hot and stuffy.

Mine started with very sweaty armpits as a teenager and I did get a lot of grief from other kids about it!

I have read a lot about sage being good to combat excessive sweating but unfortunately it didn't work for me.

I also tried pro-banthine but with mixed results and the times it did work the side effects were pretty bad such as horrendous dry mouth and blurred vision (probably not for you if you are trying to teach a class🙈wink.

• Posted

I've suffered with this for years and going through menopause Drs kept saying it was that

Finally I seen a dermatologist

First I was put on oxybutynin which helped better than the probanthine

Now they have just started me on propranolol 40mg up to 3 times a day let's see if this helps with the head and face sweating

• Posted

Hello

I understand your frustration. If you are still suffering from hyperidrosis, I can help you eliminate it. I also suffered from underarm hyperidrosis and haven't sweated in months. Let me know if you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.