Hyperhidrosis and new symptom I developed(Please help)

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, so for the past year I' ve been more and more sweaty especially from the armpits which usually prevents me from wearing different colored t shirts. My buttcrack also started sweating more. It's ruining my life, I don't even feel like going out because of this and I resorted to wearing mostly nike shorts or anything dark to mask the sweat stains. I also suffer hypochondria as well. It doesn't help that I live in California. Bare with me as this is a lengthy post but i would appreciate the help. So, around october 22-23 this year, it seems that my tailbone region like the upper part of my buttcrack area has started to feel a burning sensation, I sweat there like crazy especially when I walk my dog outside even though weather is not too humid. I also feel a heat sensation in my buttocks when i walk. I've also noticed that my tailbone area sweats when i go pass out urine. So basically, the tailbone sweat occurs for me when i walk outside and its not too cold, or when i pass out urine. I've looked for people with the same conditions as me but those questions were back from 2009 or 2012. To add to that, I know this may be off topic, but earlier this year I went to the urgent care room to complain about pain in my testicle area, they did a scan on my back area to see any damages but it was normal, at school during early 2018 i suddenly wet myself which miraculously i avoided anyone and i got to change up. After a few months this testicle pain went away so I didn't bother. So could this be related to this tailbone sweat and heat sensation in the buttocks I've been experiencing? Again, sorry for the lengthy post. This new tailbone sweat symptom and excessive sweating has been ruining my life these past few months. Help is greatly appreciated

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi ..i am in the uk and suffer the same as you with excessive sweating..the summer is torture for me ...especially as i also suffer from Excema on my face and back.Therefore when i sweat this makes my skin very sore. I saw a leading professor or dermatology...and he recommended the following. ..

For the armpit sweating an anti perspirant that is sold over the counter in the uk..im not sure whether its sold in the USA...its called TRIPLEDRY...i use the non scented roll on 3 times a week at NIGHT (as stated in the leaflet)..this has stopped 90% of my armpit sweating. As for your sweating in general i was advised to try a drug called PRO BANTHINE (google it) which is a tablet(prescription only in uk) that stops the sweat glands producing sweat and is supposed to be very effective but i havnt tried it yet. I do know what a misery excessive sweating is..can really upset your life. ..regards

• Posted

My problem is in the back of my head. Sweat drips off my hair onto my back, chest, etc. even in winter. Roll-on deodorants are no good to use there. My head feels like it is cooking.

I have tried Probanthine and Oxybutinol and they have not worked for me. They might for others though. I am relieved when I am allowed to use a high strength of oestrogen supplement but my gp gets nervous about that as she believes in the myths surrounding oestrogen. My oestrogen is starting to get lower, although within the acceptable range, and the sweating has started again.

I also wonder if it is a type of neuropathy problem - one must see a neurologist to get that checked out. Especially so for PL4311 when it occurs while passing urine, and sudden incontinence.

Years ago I used a spray product called Magicool. It relieves the heat. But it is no longer available in Australia and my search has found that it is available in the UK. You could try it for some relief.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.