Hyperhidrosis left and came back 10 years later...help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I have a very strange problem that I am hoping you will have some thoughts on...

When I was in puberty I had excessive sweating on my hands and arm pits. It was a horrible time in my life, but I used Drysol to mostly manage the issue the best that I could. Luckily for me, the problem stopped at around 19-20 years old.

Fast forward 10 years to 30 years old and the sweating has returned; however, only on my buttocks (between) and is heat or anxiety induced. I have never thought twice about hot weather in the past 10 years, but am seriously hating this summer. It seems as though the second my body thinks it's getting warm, my buttocks starts sweating.

This is causing a massive amount of stress and anxiety, which only compounds the problem, so I'm hoping you can shed some light on this issue...

- Does or can hyperhidrosis ever go away and then return to haunt a person again?

- Does it ever return to a strange place like between the buttocks?

- Is hyperhidrosis something that can change places?

- Do people ever had stress/anxiety induced sweating between the buttocks?

I apologize for the strange question...but this is my very uncomfortable problem.

Thank you for your time.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

When i was a teen i had the same issue... now im 33 and the armpit sweaties stopped long ago. I too used drysol. My sweating has migrated to my head and lower back. If i were you i would try a strong spray antiperspirant. Right guard makes a strong spray antiperspirant that lasts more than a day. I would try that..
  • Posted

Thanks for the reply.

How long were you sweat free for before the head and low back sweating started?

It seems really weird for me to have been sweat free for over almost 11 years, then have it come back....

• Posted

I would say it progressively got worse after i slowed the under arm sweating to a normal amount... within a few years i began sweating a lot. I remember that if i was going out with friends when i turned 21 i would frequently run to the restroom to dry my hair with a paper towel... I think i was about 26 when i found glycopyrrolate.. and I've been taking it since. I guess I'm a guinea pig for the long term side effects though... since they are currently not really known. Best of luck to you and i hope you find a solution.

• Posted

Just curious how the glyco has worked for you? Does it keep you dry even in the summer heat? 

My sweating has decreased now that it is not so hot, but I seriously need to find a solution. I saw a counsellor today that thought it may be a result of anxiety/panic, but I am doubting this....

What kind of side effects do you get with glyco? Can you go on/off of it without issues (is it addictive)?

• Posted

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with hyperhidrosis changing locations after many years?

I recently spoke with a doctor from a hyperhidrosis centre in California, who advised he has never heard of anything like this before, even after treating thousands of patients. 

I feel like something must have changed in my body that is causing this....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.