Hyperinsulinemia in toddler ( LOW BLOOD SUGAR)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello

My little one was normal till 9 months after birth (july 2018), He was very active and than we noticed one bad morning he was not able to do activity , he was looking drowsy and in sleep in the morning . First we thought he is not well after we fed him breakfast cereal he was ok . He seems to very hungry at the period of time . One day in sleep he started giving jerks and crying in sleep we took him to hospital they checked brain test to check for fits cause all came normal. Then doctor asked to run blood sugar test regularly in the morning or when ever we see him dull. We checked first time he was dull and sleeping with out any reason so it came as 35 where as normal range is 70. we again run to hospital where he was admitted for 3 days . Since than we are in bad time . My little one condition went from bad to worst . every week we need to admit him hospital for next two months . doctor told us it is symptoms of hyperglycemia regular feeding will help. he run lot of test metabolic genetic and so many blood test all came normal. charged us heaps of money our family is not insured bcoz i dont earn much to buy insurance . we are low middle class family. now from last 7 months we guided to different doctors and even admitted to hospitals. We are now consulting a endocrinologist who guided us for diazoxide we couldnt find it in india - i tried to take help from my frinds who are in UK,Candada and USA but none could send me single tablet. in meanwhile my son was horriable condition he lost his ability to walk his sugar level was not crossing 50 and IV glucose or Dextrose was also not able to help. on a point we thought he wont make it long we have lost hope also seeing his condition . most of the time he was in unconscious stage.for a week we were running and just paying bills huge bills. we discharged him and met another endocrinologist who guided us for octreotide injection. it helped a lot we give him three times in day now. it being two months now since we have started it and he is recovering . please help me with treatment and if you can find diazoxide tablets. i can share reports and everything on email and YouTube videos of my son , any one know the treatment please contact me or any one can help with any thing please help . we have seen lot and going through a lot . i work in night shift and my wife is after my kid . giving injections and keep checking his sugar levels. he need attention lot of attention. my wife could not able to do any house stuff many times . when sugar level drops he go very cranky and irritated .

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't think its healthy for a child to have to spend too much time at hospital. It an be very traumatic. That doesn't help matters.

I would try some TCM- Traditional Chinese Medicine. Diabetes can respond well to emotional support, herbs and acupuncture as well as diet. Though with a little one, you're limited in more ways than for an adult.

I have limited experience but I know that diabetes isn't always just a physical thing. Here's another perspective to consider:

Case 1- I had a friend who passed away. His 7 year old daughter was so grief stricken, she developed diabetes.

Case 2- My mother became diabetic suddenly due to a combination of unfortunate events. I was told she would always be severely diabetic and would likely never get off insulin. With strict diet, herbs and TCM, I was shocked at how quickly she was able to get off insulin and diabetes meds.

3- There are studies that show diabetes can be prevented by human touch. This tells me that diabetes us very much an emotional disease.

4- diabetes can be triggered by certain chemical exposures. A simple online search revealed this: "So far, four chemicals seem to cause trouble: bisphenol A (BPA) and dicyclohexyl phthalate, which are found in plastics, and two pesticides, endrin and tolylfluanid. When fed to mice, tolylfluanid caused weight gain..."

Probably not what you're expecting, but sometimes an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. The trouble is in knowing what the prevention is.

Good luck in recovery for your little one.

• Posted

I hope in time, as the child grows that his organs will mature and begin to operate properly. Please make sure you use the proper terminology. Hyperglycemia is high blood glucose, Hypoglycemia is low blood sugar or glucose. In both situations, the body can respond to juicing of organic vegetables, dark green vegetables. You can add carrots to improve the taste and provide some slow release glucose.

It is important that the child have enough fiber in his diet . Fiber can hold onto carbohydrates and provide slow release of glucose. Organic oatmeal is a good source. Whole rice, and other prepared grains are good. Quality breads are good. Small amounts of high quality protein are also needed, turkey, chicken and some red meat. Nutrition is the key to recovery. Good food is less expensive that doctor visits.

There is some research on CBD oils and health benefits. It is made from hemp pants. My wife has had Hypoglycemia all her life and has learned to avoid sugary foods that spike glucose and then cause a sugar crash afterward. So candy is not the answer, and will cause problems. Hang in there! Knowledge is power. John

• Posted

I hope in time, as the child grows that his organs will mature and begin to operate properly. Please make sure you use the proper terminology. Hyperglycemia is high blood glucose, Hypoglycemia is low blood sugar or glucose. In both situations, the body can respond to juicing of organic vegetables, dark green vegetables. You can add carrots to improve the taste and provide some slow release glucose.

It is important that the child have enough fiber in his diet . Fiber can hold onto carbohydrates and provide slow release of glucose. Organic oatmeal is a good source. Whole rice, and other prepared grains are good. Quality breads are good. Small amounts of high quality protein are also needed, turkey, chicken and some red meat. Nutrition is the key to recovery. Good food is less expensive that doctor visits.

My wife has had Hypoglycemia all her life and has learned to avoid sugary foods that spike glucose and then cause a sugar crash afterward. So candy is not the answer, and will cause problems. Hang in there! Knowledge is power. John

• Posted

May God bless you thanks a lot. It is great help. I will remember. Please pray my child grow out of it. I. Am. Attaching my son. Picture File size is too big

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.