Hyperparathyroid - Indigestion / Trapped Wind?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone else suffer from it?

Hurts like billyo and won't go away no matter what I do. I'm in bed (because my life so rocks that bed by eight p.m. is the norm) and I'm drinking Coke in the hope that the bubbles somehow ease things up in there. I feel like one big bag of wind with just head, arms and legs sticking out akimbo.

Sorry for the whinge. Like many on here I'm just so done with feeling so done in. Any suggestions much appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hello! yes, i too suffer from indigestion, but i thought it was from the vitamin D supplement the dr. perscribed. That's when it seemed to start. My husband and i both go to bed at 8 LOL- pj's by 7- i just had my stitches out last thursday and i complained to the dr. about my low energy level. She said i have to give it time and don't be so hard on myself, but i've been working out at the gym for 5 months to lose 20 lbs. and i've already put 6 back on, sitting on my bum because i don't have the energy to go to the gym- sorry about your gas, but i don't think drinking coke will help-

• Posted

Hope yours goes soon!

I was hoping the bubbles would help - was so hacked off that I was happy to try anything :-(

• Posted

Go to Sallie Powell's website on Facebook. Google 'Hyperparathyroidism uk action4 change'.  You'll find amazing support there.  It has many hundreds of followers.  Don't drink coke - it's not good for you!

Alan

• Posted

Sadly can't get onto FB. It keeps kicking me off and now wants my inside leg measurements (can't give my proper name due to work), so it's a no go for me.

Re. the Coke. You're right. But was so yuck was willing to try anything :-(

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.