Hypersensitive Gullet. Anyone been diagnosed with this?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, folks. Has anyone been formally diagnosed with hypersensitive gullet as opposed to acid reflux? If so, what were your symptoms and how do you cope day to day - what medications do you take, diet etc. Many thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi Jeanne, I'm from the U.S. so I don't know if terms are different. I had an exceptionally raw throat, (it felt like it was on fire) for a while and I was diagnosed with silent reflux / laryngopharyngeal reflux. What helped me stop the burning in my throat was over the counter - NAC - which stands for nac acetyl cysteine. My husband recently had globus sensation and I had him take NAC after about a week or two his globus is gone. A diet based on alkaline food is very important. Take NAC with food. I read Dr. Jonathan Aviv's book and follow his diet. (His board certified and works at a highly reputable hospital in NYC.)

Blessings,

• Edited

Hi, Nancy. Thank you for your reply. This sounds interesting. The supplement you mention is not widely known here as far as I am aware but I shall mention it to my doctor. Sorry you've got LPR but glad you've found some relief. I got Aviv's book when I started with all this illness but things have worsened. I follow all the guidelines and diet advice and all acid suppressant medication has not helped so I am trying to find out what to do. Thank you again for your interest.

• Posted

Hi, Nancy - how kind of you to go to so much trouble! I shall have a good read of this. I did mention NAC to my doctor but he"d not heard of it he said that it would be worth enquiring at the health food store once they reopen

Hope things are ok with you. Thank you again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.