Hypersensitive to food going down-anyone else?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone else feel food going down the esophagus? I worry there's something wrong or am I just noticing it more because of my anxiety?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Some people get that feeling, if it is destressing you it is important you discuss this with your GP

BOB

• Posted

Check to see if its not acid reflux. Acid reflux would cause that. If not its just your anxiety. Ive gone and checked myself for acid reflux and came out positive if you have it it will cause swallowing problem not saying to the point where you cant breath or swallow its a little swelling where you notice when you eat and also feels like you have something stuck in your throat and chest. Have it checked out and good luck hope you get things straighten out and feel better
  • Posted

Yep, I feel it and it gets stuck in my throats. I went to the doctor and she said I'd have to get an endoscopy done, which has been giving me more anxiety. But in the end I know it will make me feel better with some piece of mind. best of luck

• Posted

Anxiety makes you super sensitive to every little thing that feels out of the norm, then it can become a focus and then maes you worry more.

Get it checked out first by your GP. 

But also do relaxation meditations, drink plenty of fluids and get fresh air all helps to calm the anxiety your feeling 

😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.