Hypersensitivity

Posted , 4 users are following.

I went to my PCP the other day & was telling him how sore my knuckles were. He said 

?Hypersensitivity, I've done some research on it but do not understand it. I've had RA for going on 5 years and the last time I had this pain  my rheumy said it was a torn tendon sheath.  This pain is not the same but close to it. It hurts when water first hits it, when I first touch it, etc. Can someone put this in plain English so I can understand? Is it that my xeljanz has stopped working?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi River,

My knuckles hurt pretty much all the time. They are not sensitive like yours but more like weak. I can not squeeze my fingers to make a fist. I've been on methotrexate but it has not allivated the problem. I hope this is not permanent. Maybe our meds need to be changed or others added into the mix. I know someone who is on methotrexate and Humara and is feeling better.

• Posted

I  see you mentioned RA. How was the RA diagnosed-through a blood test .

Maybe it may be a good idea to   ask  a second doctor about osteoarthritis

• Posted

I have both, I have RA in hands, shoulders and feet and OA in lower back

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.