HYPERTENSION

Posted , 6 users are following.

HI Everyone.

I'm 25 and have been diagnosed with high bp (155/100) 4 months before ,my weight was 72 kg that time with height 5'8'' . I had regular twitching in my right eyes afterwards . Doctor first told me to change my lifestyle and i started exercising in evenings for at least 40 minutes .Started eating oats everyday and reduced my weight to 62 kg in 2 months . I got my tests done (ECG,URINE TEST,Cholestrol test ) but all came clear except little increase in URIC ACID. NOW my BP is 135/90.MY Doctor says i need to take medicines for lifetime as i cannot reduce my bp further. PLEASE HELP ME,i'm really worried to have hbp at this age.Should I go for the medicines or not or keep exercising and managing a good diet.

THANKS in advance.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Okay, the general main causes of hypertension are, overweight, alcohol and stress plus the odd one out, hereditary.

There isn't much you can do about the last one. The main cause that I have found, is stress or very high alcohol consumption, and since few have the latter, it mainly comes down to stress, how much you have and how you deal with.

You are already losing weight, I don't know what your ideal weight for your build height it, although I'm guessing you're female. Do you drink and more imporantly, do you have a stressful job. The most stressful jobs are where we have an ignorant boss, who takes pleasure in finding fault and generally making work life intolerable.

Your GP is talking rubbish, they have a one size fits all, tick box mentality and life is far easier to prescribe a drug that treats the symptoms than find the real cause. Once you take BP tablets, there is no reason that you cannot come off of them, if you bring your BP back down. You have to find the cause, but until you do, I would advise to  keep taking the tablets.

• Posted

Hi Deepak...its sad that at 25 years you have high BP but this must be inherited from one of your parents. I would suggest get a second opinion. Your normal should be 128/60. and keep up exercising and eating healthy.  best of luck
    • Posted

Your diastolic figure is too low, 120/80 is the target BP depending on age.
  • Posted

There are a couple other things that might help if you aren't already doing them. How is your sodium consumption? There is A LOT of sodium in processed foods, so look at labels. With high blood pressure, you should be having approximately 1500 mg of sodium a day. There has been a little discussion in doctor circles if that really matters, but from personal experience I have found that it really does make a difference. So try not to eat processed foods if you can help it.

Also, sleep matters. If you aren't getting about 7 hours a night, try to get a little more sleep.

Other foods help as well as oatmeal. Celery actually helps to open up the arteries because of a natural phytochemical in it. That means the blood can flow easier, which helps the blood pressure go down. Maybe try to have a couple stalks a day. Raisins are great too. In general, foods with potassium in them, which many of those are fruits and veggies, but there are others as well. 

I agree with RHGB. Many doctors just aren't trained to help people the natural way and automatically go for the pill. If you let it, many, many times the body will heal itself with a little help and consistency.

As Jenna123 says, maybe get a second opinion. There are doctors who work with you on the natural way to heal. Good luck! I'm sure with your attitude you can do this! 

• Posted

Hello Deepak  I would not take medication at your reading no way ... maybe you have anxiety at the doc get a home monitor and take home readings to be sure what they really are good luck!
  • Posted

I had a kidney stone which turned out to be a uric acid stone. You should continue to get this tested every now and then. Sadly some people do have high B at a young age for no apparent reason. Not sure that  135/90 is that bad though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.