Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a long time BP patient. My BP has been under control by using a tablet Felogard/Plendil 5 mg twice a day. But that drug is not currently available in the market. Can you suggest an alternative to that drug.

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    I looked it up. It's a calcium channel blocker, generic name felopidine. I believe the nearest alternative is amlopidine, though I'm no expert.

    Which brings me to the question: why are you posting on a public forum and not asking your doctor? Surely whoever prescribed the felopidine will be best placed to prescribe a suitable alternative?

    I see you're new on here, so you may not have realised that this isn't a medical advice site, it's a forum in which patients can share their experiences and provide mutual support. I'd strongly urge you to ask a doctor about this.

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      I am located in Mumbai India. In India the Felogard (generic Felodipine) tablet is manufactued by CIPLA, but they have stopped production a few months back for reasons best known to them! You are right, the tablet amolodipine seems to be the nearest alternative. But I have tried amlodipine 5 mgs but with not much effect on my BP. But when I take a single dose of  felogard 5 mg (I have a few left with me) it brings down the BP dramatically to 120/70 from 180/95 within an hour. I ahve tried with an increased dose of 10 mg of amlodipine but with not much success. What is it that makes Felodipine work but not amlodipine? I have consulted a few doctors but no answer! explanation.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I am on felodipine (plendil) in Britian, this is a British based forum, it may help to state your country if different.

    An alternative to that is amlodipine.

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up