Hypertension and dark chocolate

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been advised that dark chocolate can be used to lower hypertension but I am unsure as to how much to take every day, so woould be grateful for any advice, thanks. My BP is borderline and I exercise daily and have a healthy diet but am 21lbs overweight which is driving up my BP. I am looking for ways to control it, as well as losing weight, and thought this might be one avenue to explore.

Many thanks.

Ernestine.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Update. After a week where I lost three pounds, took a strip of Divine chocolate 70% a day with an odourless garlic pill my BP gas dropped from 142/88 in December to 118/77 today. Yeehah. Will keep monitoring BP and doing all of the above, but so far so good. Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.

Cheers

• Posted

That is brilliant news!! Well done. Are you taking any medication or are you "drug free"?! I went to the top of The Shard in London yesterday.....goodness knows what my bp was after the ride in the lifts!!! Ha ha. View was great though.
    • Posted

Thanks and yes it's very gratifying so will keep up regime and check BP every Saturday after a long walk. Well done for tackling the Shard, and I bet the view was amazing. I'm not taking any medication, just the things I described, so touch wood if I continue to lose 3lbs a week it should drop of its own accord as its weight-related. Will keep you posted and best of luck to you. Beautiful day, much better now, and Tesco is calling. Cheers. 
    • Posted

Forgot to add am also eating a banana a day for potassium and drinking a small glass of beetroot juice, which is actualyy quite tasty.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.