Hypertension/high blood pressure

Posted , 4 users are following.

Im 34 yrs old..i am hypertensive so i put myself in a diet i ate only fish,some vegetables and a small amount of rice.this past few days i recorded my bp .at first my bp was 140/90 then the next days my bp was 130/90 til yesterday ,but today my bp was 120/80 .. my question is am i doing good lowering my blood pressure? do it help lowering my bad cholesterol that causes my high blood pressure before?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Marty. Many reasons  why your BP was elevated do you have a history of elevated blood pressure readings ?  Have you been treated by doctor for hypertension ? It may just be that you were doing something that elevated it when you checked it    go and see your family doctor and then just start tracking your numbers whether

Eating a healthy diet is a great idea for a variety  of reasons and I applaud you for doing it. You will see many great benefits of eating healthy

But remember there are people who eat perfectly healthy and are fit as the best of us and still have problems with blood pressure so definitely go and see your doctor to rule out anything

If they try to put you on medication please make sure you do your homework and come here and read all about those of us that have been on those terrible medicines 

And while you’re doing your healthy eating I would also add in a nice walk a couple times a week I think you’ll feel better overall

Best wishes 

• Posted

Thank you . my doctor told me to comeback after 1 week to do some test And he told me to monitor and write down my blood pressure everyday . I'm a little bit scared what will happen to the test :'(

• Posted

Did you have your cholesterol checked. You are really too young for it to be high.

Consultant at the hypertension clinic told me to do three BP readings over a ten minute period. Some say to average them others say to discard the highest and lowest ones.

• Posted

Don’t be afraid of the test. Be afraid of what can happen to you if you don’t get your blood pressure under control.....Things like kidney disease, loosing your “kidneys”,  “heart disease”, strokes and other things. Your doctor can educate you on this.
    • Posted

You’re welcome 

I can understand your anxiety about the test but I wouldn’t worry about it most of these test they do for cardiac issues and hypertension don’t hurt you’ll do great you may want to mention to your doctor to do some blood work he’ll know which one to do for any sort of cardiac issue but just stay calm and keep doing your great healthy eating plan and I think you will do great

• Posted

Excellent advice Derek but truthfully our blood pressure changes countless times a day but that is a good way to gauge it most people get their blood pressure taken one they bolt through the doctors office stressed on the way to the doctors tired from maybe driving and doing a few other things and not give them proper time to rest and get settled down before taking an accurate blood pressure
  • Posted

Here is something you could try:

Start a diary for at least one week. Take your  blood pressure  morning and night. Track what you eat and drink. Be sure to write the time down. After about a week you should begin to see a pattern and of what’s going on.

One thing that’s helping me is my OMRON blood pressure monitor automatically download my readings. I email readings to my doctor along with any questions I have.

• Posted

Make sure if you have a home blood  pressure device. That it’s a good brand and speak to your pharmacist about a good brand because some of the ones they have on the market are trash and they will give you totally in accurate readings
  • Posted

At this time of year when it is hot our BP can be erratic

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.