Hypertension meds and painkillers

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am on Bendroflumenthiazide and Lisinopril -  Could you please advise what pain killers can I take.   Myprodol or Paracetamol?   Many thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

  • Posted

    Best to ring your local chemist/pharmacy and ask which pain killers interact with your meds, safe than sorry
  • Posted

    Sally, Paracetamol is usually recommended as the painkiller of choice with any medicines - I don't know anything about Myprodol, but take a look at Drugs online for compatibility of any drug with another.
  • Posted

    A lot depends upon what condition you need the painkillers for.

    Your Pharmacist is the best person to ask about a suitable medication, as any advice given  on this forum may well be incorrect and therefore in your case dangerous, particularly as you already suffer with hypertension.

    Speak to your Pharmacist.

    • Posted

      As I said to Alexandra - dont have my thinking cap on - the most sensible thing to do.  Thanks to all for your input.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.