Hypertension or what?!?

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past month I have had ringing in my ears and since at least 2015 I have had palinopsia, floaters, and visual snow. I can also see my pulse(since around the same time) in my vision and in my right hand. (probably since 2018) I've never considered these symptoms because they didn't cause me much issue. But in the past I also dealt with a lot of stress and had an extremely awful diet back then and as of late.(Lots of sodium and sugar) Since then I've been dealing with long term anxiety and have really stressed out the past month. I've gone to the doctor twice in the past two weeks and my blood pressure readings were 123/80 and 108/66. I also have very prominent veins in my calves which have been present for as long as I can remember. I am convinced my blood pressure is rising higher than normal when not sitting in a doctor's office. I bought a blood pressure monitor to check at home. Is that what could be causing these symptoms I've experiencing for years. I am a 21 year old male with no family history of high blood pressure and no history of any medical conditions. What could be causing these symptoms?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Your B/P readings sound on the low side not the high side.

Doubtful you have hypertension.

Stop worrying about things.

• Posted

What about the visual distubances? Should I get this checked out?

• Posted

Did you not tell your doctor about your visual disturbances when you saw him? Why not make an appointment with the local optician, they may be able to help shed some light on this?

• Posted

I agree with daisymay2...Do some relaxation exercises--deep breathing---take breath in through nose and count to 3 , exhale through mouth counting to 7. Do this for 10 minutes focusing on your breath and putting everything else out of your mind. What you are experiencing with you eyes, both my husband I have had since teenage years and we are early 70's. We have had a dark spot that will completely cover one of our eyes or in our peripheral vision slight flashing light like lightening (subtle). It goes away in an hour or less usually. I mentioned this to my cardiologist one time and he's in his mid 60's . He says he has this same thing--it's called aura migraines (no pain). He drinks a sugary drink like coke, goes in a dark room and rests for 30 minutes and it usually has gone away with no residual side effects. My husband, who has hypoglycemia, thinks it's from an imbalance in blood sugar and I tend to agree with him. Stress can bring on all kinds of symptoms and wreak havoc on your body...Take a yoga class, do deep breathing, read, do something relaxing. You are harming your body and mind when you let anxiety rule.

• Posted

Firstly from your readings you dont have high blood pressure.If anything your monitor readings at home will probably be lower as there is no 'white coat' effect raising your BP.

Ringing in the ears is very common it might only be a symptom with very high BP readings well above what you have quoted.

See an opthalmologist about your visual problems almost certainly not linked to your blood pressure.

Try some relaxation techniques like breathing exercises.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.