Hypertension -White Coat - Excercisr

Posted , 2 users are following.

So my doc put me on Metoprolol which was for a few high readings at my doc appts. 

I believe it’s white coat hypertension 

I no longer use the Metoprolol 

I tapered off that poisen drug

Still when I go to an appt it’s high according to her 

She offered another med. I declined 

I did agree to 12.5 hctz but don’t always use it 

So my readings are still high when I see her 

I don’t need to lose weight. However she said excercise would reduce it 

I’ve also made dietary changes which have helped however when I do exercise I constantly get a headache therefore how is this supposed to help me if every time I finish exercising I have a blazing headache?

I should mention I used to workout all the time but when I returned From my last appointment in Afghanistan I have became very ill and was diagnosed with MS so excercise is a challenge but I’ve bedn doing 30 mins daily mixing it up. I enjoy it but not the post workout headache 

Any thoughts 💭 

I’m not dehydrated as I’ve done much better drinking water 

Thanks.   I want too keep this up to help me deal with MS but also to see if I indeed show lower readings at the doc appts. Trust me I hate  going to the doctor and I am actually driving all the way to her office and going into the room and all and I truly believe that my blood pressure spikes when I’m there that being said does anyone have any clue about these post exercise headaches 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I can quite believe it could be white coat syndrome as my blood pressure is always a lot higher at the hospital where I go every week at the moment. My reading is usually about 150/80 in the hospital but when I take it daily it can be as low as 119/68 and never gets to 140 let alone 150.  I have been told to take my blood pressure at different times of the day and take the readings with me when I go on Thursday.  Have you got a blood pressure monitor so you can show your results to any doctor who wants to put you on medication?   I have had diabetes since 1995 and was soon told I needed to keep my blood pressure low so was put on tablets for years and at one time I was told to come off them for a few months because my blood pressure was too low!  I  stopped taking them several months ago and my blood pressure has been very good so I didn't need them in the first place.

• Posted

Oh I’ve tracked it months. Faxed weekly reports. See my post on Metoprolol 😐

and the nightmare I went through 

Just sick of the whole thing and tired of meds being thrown around left and right by doctors 

By the way my precious doggy that passed away last fall was named Spindle. I did a double take looking at the name ??🐾

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.