Hyperthyroid, I think!

Posted , 2 users are following.

2 weeks ago while I work I got this feeling of raising pressure in my head and it felt as if I were going to faint. I went to the ER and had a complete work up. The only thing that they found was a very high BP and pulse,  T4 of 13 and a TSH of 0.05 and it was down hill from there! I’m having blurred vision, weird tingly feeling in my head, my limbs feel like weights, my hearts racing, I’m having trembles and I can not sleep! Due to a thyroid cancer diagnosis 7 years ago I was on 200mcg of levo. They’ve  reduced my script to 150mcg and added 2 blood pressure pills and a beta blocker to lower my paluse. I’ve been on this new dose 2 weeks and it’s gotten a little better because I can stand long enough to shower but I’m still having the racing heart and trembles that they’re now saying are panic attacks. Has anyone else gone through this and if so how long does it take to feel “normal” again? 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Venus star, 0.05 is very low on the limits for TSH levels, you may want them to retest and see if your T3 level is high

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.