Hyperthyroid symtom

Posted , 9 users are following.

who are here feel dizzy, lightheaded and feel floating sensation? is it will get better?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I constantly suffer from dizziness. I was diagnosed April last year. I also lose balance. Some days are worse than others 🙄

• Posted

Yes ! This is one of my most troublesome symptoms! U will have really good days , sometimes for weeks at a time and think it won’t come back but sadly it always does . 
  • Posted

Hi, are your symptoms constant or affacted by certain head movements?
    • Posted

It meant to write affected.
  • Posted

Hi there

Are you taking beta blockers? If so issue could be that the dose is too high and your blood pressure has dropped. 

• Posted

yaa, 20mg per day, my blood pressure always normal reading
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism in May 2017.  At the end of January 2018  I was put on Block and Replace (carbimazole plus levothyroxine to stop me from constantly see sawing from hyper to hypo) and since then I have suffered double vision and your symptoms - dizziness if i turn my head suddenly so that I have to grab hold of objects to stop myself falling, plus the floating and heady sensation.  Its a horrible feeling and like you I just want to be back to normal again. But when this will happen no one can say. 
    • Posted

hi peter.. that was my 1st symptoms dizzyness,lightheadedness sometimes feels want to pass out and fatigue..but my bloodtest already in normal range but the dizzyness wouldnot go away..im on 5mg methimazole now..no beta blocker

• Posted

Still the same Peter with some days better than others.  I have the muscle pains and cramps plus joint pains which I forgot to mention yesterday and which I understand can be usual with this complaint.  All very variable. My consultant has now said I should think of a two year time frame but I am hoping I shall feel a lot better long before this! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.