Hyperthyroidism 4 months postpartum with normal anti tpo ab, what does it mean?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a baby four months ago and I just got diagnosed with hyperthyroidism but I don't know the cause yet.

Here are the test results:

anti tpo ab < 10.0,="" range="" 0="" -="" 35.0="" normal="" free="" t3="" 10.1,="" range="" 2.3="" -="" 4.2="" abnormal="" thyroxine="" free="" 2.61,="" range="" 0.80="" -="" 1.76="" abnormal="" tsh="">< 0.030, range 0.55 - 4.78 abnormal

why is the anti tpo ab in the normal range? what am i more likely to have? postpartum thyroiditis? graves disease? something else?

mono in my tests results is high too.

0.030,="" range="" 0.55="" -="" 4.78="" abnormal="" why="" is="" the="" anti="" tpo="" ab="" in="" the="" normal="" range?="" what="" am="" i="" more="" likely="" to="" have?="" postpartum="" thyroiditis?="" graves="" disease?="" something="" else?="" mono="" in="" my="" tests="" results="" is="" high="" too.="">

why is the anti tpo ab in the normal range? what am i more likely to have? postpartum thyroiditis? graves disease? something else?

mono in my tests results is high too.

>

1 like, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Ines:

I do not know how the smiley face got in my post.

Shelly

• Posted

I gave some blood 10 days ago and got more test results.

Cortisol am 11.9 ug/dl (normal range 4 - 22 ug/dl)

TSH < 0.030 uiu/ml (normal range 0.55 - 4.78 uiu/ml)

free t3 2.9 pg/ml (normal range 2.3 - 4.2 pg/ml)

free thyroxine 0.70 ng/dl (normal range 0.80 - 1.76 ng/dl)

acth 13 pg/ml (normal range 6 - 58 pg/ml)

what do you think shelby?

it is strange that both my tsh and t4 are low but maybe it is just the hormones trying to regulate themselves.

do you know how i can help boost my thyroid hormone levels naturally? i feel the symptoms of hypothyroidism now.

0.030="" uiu/ml="" (normal="" range="" 0.55="" -="" 4.78="" uiu/ml)="" free="" t3="" 2.9="" pg/ml="" (normal="" range="" 2.3="" -="" 4.2="" pg/ml)="" free="" thyroxine="" 0.70="" ng/dl="" (normal="" range="" 0.80="" -="" 1.76="" ng/dl)="" acth="" 13="" pg/ml="" (normal="" range="" 6="" -="" 58="" pg/ml)="" what="" do="" you="" think="" shelby?="" it="" is="" strange="" that="" both="" my="" tsh="" and="" t4="" are="" low="" but="" maybe="" it="" is="" just="" the="" hormones="" trying="" to="" regulate="" themselves.="" do="" you="" know="" how="" i="" can="" help="" boost="" my="" thyroid="" hormone="" levels="" naturally?="" i="" feel="" the="" symptoms="" of="" hypothyroidism="" now.="">

free t3 2.9 pg/ml (normal range 2.3 - 4.2 pg/ml)

free thyroxine 0.70 ng/dl (normal range 0.80 - 1.76 ng/dl)

acth 13 pg/ml (normal range 6 - 58 pg/ml)

what do you think shelby?

it is strange that both my tsh and t4 are low but maybe it is just the hormones trying to regulate themselves.

do you know how i can help boost my thyroid hormone levels naturally? i feel the symptoms of hypothyroidism now.

>

• Posted

Hello Ines:

The blood cortisol  is okay.

TSH is low on scale which means Hyper normally. We need to get that up into 0.55 on your scale.  Many other scales are 0.45 to 4.50.

Your FT3 is okay.  that means you have a correct amt. in you.

Ft4 -Free thyroxine is a bit low.

ACTH is okay that is an adrenal test.

So  since you have thyroiditis the results are bit off. It will get better in time.  It can take a long while for the thyroid to settle down. The body is slow.

Hypothyroid symptoms are: Feeling cold, weight gain, bruising, sleepy a lot, low energy, brain foggy, muscle aches, constipation, low body temp, low heart rate.  These are common and there are more.

Hyper: Jittery, nervous, anxious, HOT feeling, high heart rate, eye bulges, shakiness, insomnia, loses weight fast.

Eat some iodine rich foods like Fish.  Salmon baked.  No fried fish. You could try Kelp or seaweed products in a health store, keep your Vitamins up to help the thyroid out.  In Japan they eat a lot of seaweed and it is iodine rich so you may find it in a specialty store for natural foods.

Keep me updated ,

Shelly

• Posted

Hi Shelly,

I just receive some more blood work results from last week.

I was hoping everything would be returned to normal, unfortunately it is not the case.

My TSH is 8.820, normal range 0.55-4.78 uIU/mL.

My T4 is 0.75, normal range 0.80-1.76 ng/dL.

My T3 is 2.8, normal range 2.3-4.2 pg/mL.

Do you think it might return to normal soon or am I in a long hypothyroidism phase?

I would like to start trying for baby number 2 but those results are not what I was hoping for.

• Posted

Hello  Ines:

Your  TSH is now too high, 8.82 which of course is indicating Hypo. Maybe your antibodies are attacking the gland since you onceyou had MONO level done and it was HIGH.

T4 is a bit low also, and T3 is okay on your ref. range. That means you are getting enough of the useable hormone.

You may want to ask the doctor for a low dose of Levothyroxine 25mcg, which would help stabilize your thyroid and bring down the TSH and  it will bring up your T4 also.

You went from Hyper to Hypo and it could be a phase as your thyroid is trying to fix itself from the thyroiditis. However you may want to ask for the low dose of Levo to see if it helps your body even out.  Of course the doctor will monitor your blood and it may only be a temporary thing in your case.  It can take a long while after thyroiditis to get the thyroid to work well and satbilize itself.

Since you want to have another child you may want to get started on the Levo and get your TSH and blood levels in good shape for a 2nd child now.

Get a good multivitamin with Iron as we need that to help our thyroid gland out.  Levo needs good Ferritn levels and Ferritin is a component of Iron.

Let me know what you think,

Shelly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.