Hyperthyroidism

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just found out today that I have been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism which has probably been causing my anxiety . Does any one else have this please

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Must be on me tod with this one then
  • Posted

Hi John

I have an underactive thyroid which I was diagnosed with 5 years ago. Don't think this has contributed to my anxiety as I've took lethyroxine for all those years and only started sertraline last week, although I've always been anxious so you never know x

• Posted

Hi, im underactive to and have been on levythyroxine for about 10 years. 

im part of a group on facebook about thyroid problems and under/over active thyroid can cause havoc with depression and anxiety if not treated according to them.

If it has caused your anxiety then the sertraline will kick in before your on the right treatment for your thyroid so its a win win. It took bloody ages to establish the correct dosage and treatment for me regarding thyroxine.

• Posted

should have started with im underactive to Julie73211
    • Posted

How did you find out about the thyroid problem did you have symptoms or just a general blood test? X
    • Posted

I was falling asleep most afternoon, my skin was dry and my eyebrows started disappearing so I went to the docs. X
    • Posted

Hi John and Kerry

I was the same with my thyroid, tired ALL the time, dry skin and my eyebrows virtually went. It was a blood test to test my thyroid, get it done yearly to check my lethyroxine is enough. Eee we could write a book one day xx

• Posted

So you guys didn't have any stress or being anxious then ?

• Posted

No not really but that’s not to say it has not contributed to you feeling anxious sweetie x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.