Hyperthyroidism

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone recommned Natural Supplement and tips to make our thyroid back to normal?

’ve been also feeling sick for more than 5 years and undergo a lot of test from head ct scan, colonoscopy, abdominal ultrasound to all laboratory test, all those years the doctor said it was just anxiety.

I was just recently diagnosed with overactive thyroid my TSH level is way too low 0.04 while the normal range are .465 – 4.68 ulu/ml while my FT4 is above normal range 20.1 the normal range are 10 - 23 pmol/L.

My symptoms was Extreme weakness / fatigue feels like I don’t have energy, nauseous, mild tremors, dizziness with times feel like falling and going to black-out and more like jetlag, palpitations sometimes shortness of breath, insomnia and thinning of hair.

Today I feel so much better after starting my medication hoping you are too i'm taking Carbimazole 5mg 3 times a day and Propranolol 10mg 2 times a day. Now only almost all symptoms are gone and I almost fell like I’m back to being almost normal except for minor insomnia and hair thinning.

My doctor revisit and follow-up test and reevaluation is in 1 month.

Praying for our good health,

Beast Regards,

zaileh

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi zaileh, many hyperthyroid patients are vitamin D deficient. You could have your levels checked and supplement this vitamin if needed. Alternatively, make sure that you get regular sun exposure. Vit D is synthesized in our skin during exposure to UV-B radiation.    

It is important to follow up with your doctor in order to find out what is causing your thyroid disorder. I think there might be a typo in your message above regarding your FT4 level. 

• Posted

This is what on my lab test FT4 was 20.1 unit used in "pmol/L" as per the hard copy of results the normal range is [10 - 23]. Do you think I should need some clarification with my doctor regarding this values? As per his explanation my FT4 was normal but elevated or above normal.

• Posted

Hi DanR do you also suffer with Hyperthyroidism? hope not.
    • Posted

Hi zaileh, I have Graves' disease or autoimmune hyperthyroidism. In my case, the thyroid is overactive due to the presence of TSH receptor antibodies.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that. My doctor initial finding was overactive at the moment else would be known after a month on follow up-testing. Do you do something or have idea to alleviate the symptoms specially the Extreme weakness / fatigue and dizziness?

• Posted

After a few weeks of taking Carbimazole my thyroid hormone levels normalized and I began to feel better. I would recommend eating a healthy diet with plenty of protein and vegetables and drinking mineral water to replenish your mineral levels. Resting and relaxing is also beneficial, and avoiding strenuous activities.

• Posted

Thats nice to hear, hope mine also normalized. Also are you completely free of overactive thyroid?

• Posted

No sure what you mean by completely free. My thyroid levels are ok because I am taking anti-thyroid medication. As far as I know there is no 'cure' for Graves' disease.

The treatment consists in suppressing the thyroid output until your immune system has calmed down. Some patients reach that state and stay healthy for years, other have a relapse.

• Posted

What i mean is if you are completely cured? is thyroid problem will make us take medicine for our life time?

• Posted

I have overactive thyroid thats the only thing my doctor said and just recently i read about Grave's disease thus this mean i might as well have grave disease.

• Posted

Hi again, I would not worry too much at this point. Let your doctors first find out what exactly is wrong with you and what long term treatment they recommend. Your blood test shows that have a rather mild case of hyperthyroidism. (Just as a reference, my FT4 level was more than 3 times your level when I was first diagnosed.)

In your other post you asked about the difference between Graves' disease and hyperthyroidism. Hyperthyroidism is a symptom (overproduction of thyroid hormones) that can be caused by many different disorders. In that respect it can be compared to a fever which is also a symptom (overproduction of body heat) than can be caused by many different diseases. If someone has a fever it's important to find out what exactly is causing it. In the same manner it is important to find out what is the underlying cause of your hyperthyroidism.

Graves' disease, on the other hand, is just one disorder that may cause hyperthyroidism.

• Posted

Whoa hope you feeling well as you have way too high of FT4. i just assume maybe i have a nodule that causing my thyroid to not function properly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.